Darent Valley Rail Trails – Along the Valley Floor
This 8.5 mile walk explores the Darent Valley from the valley floor, hugging the River Darent for much of the route and discovering villages, stunning heritage and Samuel Palmer along the way.
Plan your journey
Compare the smartest ways to get to your destination.
Whether you have an hour or a whole day, the Darent Valley Trails app, downloadable free from the App Store and Google Play, will take you on a magical tour through a rich heritage of history, meadows, valleys and streams, lavender fields, mills, and wildlife, along waymarked paths, with a distance to suit everybody.
There are 17 new new Rail Trails in West Kent, with the choice of both circular and linear routes ranging from 2.5 to 9 miles. All the routes start and end at mainline train stations, so you can go green and leave the car at home. Once you’ve downloaded the app, the trails can be used offline as you explore the remote and tranquil countryside.
Along the Valley Floor
- Visit Bradbourne Lakes and pass Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve
- Follow the valley as it cuts through the North Downs with views of the Downs on both sides
- Visit the beautiful village of Shoreham and the Samuel Palmer Trail
- Enjoy riverside walking along the Darent Valley Path
- Pass Lullingstone Castle, Lullingstone Roman Villa and Otford solar system