With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we want to show our mums how much we care, especially this year! Spend time instead of money this Mother’s Day, support local businesses and treat your loved ones to some yummy goods, get creative with some handmade gifts, explore, and find some lovely walks close to you and even discover some hidden gems right on your doorstep!
From yummy bakes to creating homemade gifts, there are ideas for every type of mum! Not forgetting, finding some walks in your local area for you to enjoy with your mum.
Plan your loving celebrations today…
To give you a head start on planning the perfect day for you and your mum, we have selected some of the best small businesses which are offering special services for mothers day… check them out;
- Biddenden Vineyard– They are offering a choice of two beautifully presented boxes this mothers day – the Biddenden Mother’s Day pamper box (includes a bottle of their Demi-Sec Ortega, a sweet sparkling white wine, accompanied with Fudge Kitchen’s sea salted caramel fudge, Beault House beeswax candles, Romney March Wools hand and body lotion and Castle Farm lavender “sleepy scent”) and Biddenden Mother’s Day delights box (includes a bottle of Gribble Bridge Sparkling Rose and a set of Romney Marsh Wools lanolin-rich toiletries).
- The Hengist – Spoil your mum with a delicious 3-course meal, which all you have to do is heat! You could even include a bottle of wine or something sparkling! Call The Hengist today on 01622885800 to place your order.
- Maidstone Distillery– Leave the flowers at the shop and give a different type of floral this Mother’s Day, Maidstone Distillery has brought out a Limited Edition presentation of their popular Ranscombe Wild Small Batch Gin just in time for mother’s day, order today to avoid missing out!
- Brogdale Collections– Treat your mum to some great rural and horticulture workshop, if experiencing and learning something new is up her street! From willow working to cider making; foraging to beekeeping, there is something for every type of mum!
- Castle Farm– Treat your mum to a carefully chosen hamper inspired by what mums would love to receive for Mother’s Day; a Lavandin scented candle and an afternoon tea, with a gold feather mug, 20 breakfast tea bags, buttery shortbreads, a pack of napkins, lavender organza bag and two posies of flowers!
- The Fat Carrot– Offering a yummy Mother’s Day afternoon teas or brunch boxes to be collected at Tonbridge Farmer’s Market on Sunday 14th March, orders yours today!
We hope you thoroughly enjoy these delightful activities to spend quality time with your mum!
For the ones that want to make this day a little more exciting, use the Explore Kent Activity Page to find some more adventurous activities!
Make sure to make the most of this lovely celebration, and also stay safe and local.