We are aware that this is an extremely difficult and uncertain time for all of us. It is important, now more than ever to be connected with nature and the outdoors. Of course it is important to follow the new restrictions, but getting outside provides an irreplaceable comfort for most of us for various different reasons:
- Helps us stay active and consequently releases positive endorphins.
- Teach our little ones about our natural world.
- Supports our mental health.
- Creates a feeling of being part of something much bigger than ourselves.
- Reduces stress and anxiety, increases our attention capacity.
We have pulled together some simple nature-based activities for you at home, in your garden or in your local area. Some are ideal activities to include in your homeschool schedule, start teaching your little ones about our amazing natural world!