JumpStart January with Everyday Active
Jump-start your January by embracing healthy, active habits for the new year! January is the blue month, when many people lack motivation, and as England enters another lockdown we know many people will be feeling the effects of isolation and loss of routine. We want to help you start 2021 in a positive way, by getting active outdoors and in your home to boost your mood and energy. Using this page you will find out some easy active tips to start 2021 right, as well as how to get involved in the Everyday Active Challenge!
Here are 5 easy to keep active new year’s resolutions…
- Sit less, move more – sitting too much can have a negative effect on your health. If you’re working from home make sure you get up and move around, making activity a part of your daily routine.
- Take up an active hobby – this will not only have benefits to your physical health and make you fitter it will also have a positive impact on your mental health as you are able to focus on something new!
- Go outdoors – spending more time outdoors, whether you’re exploring your local green spaces or your own back garden, can improve health by relieving stress, elevating mood, and even lowering blood pressure.
- Active Travel – leaving the car at home for your essential journeys is the easiest way to stay fit while also to saving money and having a positive impact on the environment.
- Enjoy walking and cycling – this the easiest and cheapest way to exercise all year round, it also a great way to spend more time outside exploring routes on your doorstep.
Everyday Active January Challenge!
Jumpstart your January with Kent Sport’s first 2021 Everyday Active Challenge which runs from the 1st – 31st January and strives to motivate and challenge you to do something active every day, that could be a walk to the shop, a jog, a spot of gardening, cycling to your essential journeys or even an hour of housework!
All you have to do to take part is sign up to Kent Sport’s free Activity Tracker and start logging your everyday activities, the more activities you do and the more activity you log, the more points you will earn and be in with a chance of winning some amazing prizes.
Check out the Everyday Active website and explore a wide range of activities, read inspiring stories, read informative blogs, and discover what is going on locally to you. You can also visit the Explore Kent activity page to find all the best walking and cycling routes around Kent!
We hope this can inspire an motivate your during a difficult time where we should all be prioritising our mental and physical wellbeing.
Stay safe everyone.
Explore Kent Team