Trailblazers – Join our New Ambassador Programme
As a new scheme to help promote the North Downs Way to a wider audience we are looking to recruit and train a small group of 12-15 Ambassadors to lead guided walks on the North Downs Way. Join our first training session as part of the North Downs Way Pilgrims Festival.
- 27 Sep 2018
- 11am - 4pm
- Do you like walking, storytelling and have good local knowledge of the history and countryside in Surrey/ Kent?
- Do you have time to lead organised walks & talks on and around the North Downs Way National Trail?
- Could you be a North Downs Way Ambassador?
As a new scheme to help promote the North Downs Way to a wider audience we are looking to recruit and train a small group of 12-15 Ambassadors to lead guided walks on the North Downs Way. Walks can be as formal or as informal as you like and you’ll have the opportunity to create events to suit you. We will provide free maps & resources to help you plan your events to encourage people with little or no experience of countryside walking.
If you think you would make a good ambassador and have the capacity to lead periodic walks (4-6 per year) please book via the link below and then contact email@example.com briefly describing why you think you’d be a good ambassador and what kind of walks or events you would deliver to engage more people with the North Downs Way.
The first training session will take part during our Pilgrims Festival in Wye on Thursday 27th September 2018. Other training sessions will take place later in the year so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested but cannot make this date.
Our sessions will include:
• Insurance & Health and Safety aspects of walk & event leading
• Background on the North Downs Way- natural history/ military and cultural heritage, myths and legends.
• Seasonal walks- bluebells in spring/ winter warmers and summer flowers
• What makes for a good walk- how to ensure everyone has a good time
• Planning your walk; including getting to/ from the event and refreshment stops
• FREE National Trail Guide Book & AZ Map of the North Downs Way