The Neolithic Trail Weekday
Join Boots on Adventures for a unique 2-day pilgrimage through the historic area of Medway passing pagan, Roman and Christian sites, all swimming in myth and mystery.
- 22 Aug 2023
We start our journey from Aylesford Station and over the next two days we will be winding our way along ancient footpaths and trails such as the Medway Valley Trail, North Downs way, and Pilgrim’s way.
Parts of these trails are thousands of years old and walked by our Neolithic ancestors, as well as pilgrims making their way from London to Canterbury (and on to Rome) throughout the centuries. We will meander through narrow town streets all with their own history and local stories, visit ancient Neolithic sites, 12th Century Monasteries, and 2nd century Palaces, as well as ancient churches and manor parks.
We will marvel at the breath-taking views this unique area of the garden of England provides, looking over open countryside, and through the Kent Downs AONB (Area of Natural Beauty). In the evening we will camp nestled on the North Downs way relaxing in a unique farm campsite, where we will enjoy a well-deserved evening meal, sit around a roaring campfire, and watch the sun set over the valley with amazing views. In the morning we will be greeted by a hearty breakfast ready to continue our journey.
Each day we will be travelling around 11 miles which we will take at a comfortable pace whilst enjoying the beautiful countryside. During this time there will be plenty of rest stops and will include lunch at a Neolithic monument.
What is included?
- A fully guided 2-day Neolithic trail experience through the scenic Medway valley for 2 days led by the experienced Boots On Adventures team
- Baggage transfer to and from the campsite of a small bag and sleeping bag
- Tent and ground mat
- Lunch on day 1 & 2, Dinner* on Saturday evening and Breakfast* on Sunday morning
What should I bring?
- A light Sleeping bag (or similar)
- A torch for the evening (a head torch is best as it leads your hands free)
- Waterproof clothing (you never know what the weather will be like)
- A full Water bottle 1.5-2ltr is recommended