Self-guided Pilgrim’s E-bike Tour
Embark on a self-guided cycle tour by e-bike of the towns and villages along the Pilgrims Way, starting and finishing at Headcorn Aerodrome.
- 25 Sep 2022
- 10am - 5pm
Start and finish at Headcorn Aerodrome
Note there are some hills to climb but customers will be on an electric bike. Most of the route will be on small lanes or on the north downs. We will have some main roads to traverse and cross.
Points of interest
- Travel the north downs from Hollingbourne to Lenham.
- Headcorn is one of the last grass war time airfields in use, with spitfires on site. There is a café, museum, parking and toilets available here.
- Pass through villages of Ulcombe, up hill past Leeds Castle and up through Hollingbourne where we will stop for lunch (not included).
- Join the Pilgrims Way passing Harrietsham and Lenham
- Drop off the hill and get great views from the church at Boughton Malherbe or Egerton Church.
- Pass through the village of Smarden with its 5 medieval Hall houses and famous church.
Route created by the UK Electric Bike Centre. All tour prices include the hire of e-bike, helmet, pannier and lock.
The electric bikes are comfortable, reliable and have a large battery range. If you have never used an electric bike before, you use it exactly the same way as a pedal bike. The difference is that when you pedal, the motor kicks in to assist you, great for any hills. Alternatively you can switch the motor off and ride it like a conventional bike.