New Year’s Day Aylesford Walk
Join Boots on Adventures for a New Year's Day walk from Aylesford to Kit's Coty on the North Downs Way.
- 1 Jan 2023
Start your New Year’s Resolution with a friendly group of people.
On 1st January 2023, our walk will start from Aylesford. On route we will pass through farmland and fields, whilst making our way towards Little Kits Coty and Kits Coty, a chambered long barrow, constructed around 4000 BCE, during the early Neolithic period of British prehistory. After enjoying our lunch by Kits Coty House, we will make our way back to Aylesford.
We will be meeting at the Aylesford Bailey Bridge Car Park, Forstal Road, Aylesford, ME20 7AU at 10:15 for a 10:30 am prompt start. **Car Parking Charges not included. **
The walk will take approximately 3.5 hours, will include a lunch stop (lunch not included) and will cost £3.50 per person.
- Meeting time – 10:15am ready for a 10:30am prompt start.
- Meeting place – Aylesford Train Station Car Park
- Terrain – mixed a reasonably steep incline
- Distance – approximately 10 km (6.2 miles)
- Walking time – 3.5 hours walking (with lunch break in the middle)
If we can ask everyone to bring with them:
- Suitable footwear (strong shoes or boots preferably walking boots)
- A waterproof coat (and waterproof trousers?) in case of rain
- Drinking water and a packed lunch
- Personal medication (please make me aware in confidence of any medical condition you may have that may affect you in the walk no matter how small)
- Suitable walking clothing.