HSBC UK Disability Hub at Cyclopark – 12th May
The Cyclopark disabiltiy hub is now available for those who want to get fit, have fun or improve their cycling abilities.
- 12 May 2018
- 10:30 - 12:00
HSBC UK Disability Hub at Cyclopark
British Cycling is launching disability cycling hubs to improve access to the sport for people with a disability and ensure that those wanting to improve their cycling performance receive the support they need.
- HSBC UK Disability Hub at Cyclopark in Kent has monthly sessions delivered by British Cycling coaches.
- The disability hub sessions are open age and provide monthly traffic-free coaching for people with physical and learning disabilities.
- The sessions aim to improve rider’s technique, fitness and confidence in a safe, fun and challenging environment.
- The sessions can be vary varied with people attending who want to learn basic cycling skills to more advanced para-cycling riders training for races or looking to apply for the GB Para-Cycling team. When this is the case the coaches will split the session into two groups with a beginner cycling session and a group of more advanced riders.
- The hub sessions help riders with a range of goals: whether to get into a new sport, meet new friends, improve fitness and confidence on a bike, rehabilitate from injury or train for competition.
- The Cyclopark disability hub also has a range of adapted equipment on-site which includes handcycles, tandems and trikes, making the sessions accessible for those who don’t have access to their own bike.
Address: Cyclopark, The Tollgate, Wrotham Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 7NP
For further information please contact British Cycling’s Go-Ride team on 0161 274 2070 or email email@example.com