Face the flames in Ashford, Canterbury or Thanet!
It’s time to turn up the heat for the Pilgrims Hospices Firewalk; back for its 6th year! Dubbed ‘the hottest, shortest sponsored walk in the world’, the Pilgrims Firewalk is a barefoot walk over red-hot wood embers measuring up to 800 degrees! No tricks, no special effects. Just you and the fire. It’s the ultimate test of courage and the perfect challenge for any fitness level.
No previous training required. You’ll receive a series of informative videos in the days before your challenge, as well as a light-hearted, interactive training seminar with our firewalking expert, Cliff Mann, at the event leaving you feeling all fired up and ready to face the flames. Cliff has guided 1,000s of people across the fire, over a 30-year career, so you can rest assured you’re in safe hands.
A firewalk is a truly life-affirming experience. Not only will you conquer the most primal of fears, you’ll raise vital funds to support hospice care too. And after all, if you can walk on fire, you can find the confidence to do anything!
Spaces for this bucket list experience are limited per event, and sold out in 2020, so early registration is recommended to avoid disappointment.
Advance entry: £20 (closes Sunday 24 October 2021)
Entry includes firewalk training videos, live training seminar, firewalking experience and certificate. It is asked that firewalkers pledge to raise at least £100 in sponsorship for Pilgrims Hospices.
You must be at least 16 years of age to participate in the firewalk and those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
We have introduced a number of measures to the 2021 firewalks to ensure that the events are COVID-safe. These include:
- Fully touch-free, electronic check-in process
- Firewalk training videos to watch at home before the event
- Reduced participant capacity to enable live training seminar to be socially distanced, with face coverings encouraged
- A maximum of three guests per firewalker (two at the Ashford hospice event) will be able to spectate with simple QR code Track and Trace ‘walk-in’ registry. Guests will NOT be allowed access to buildings.
- Face coverings encouraged to be worn at all times while at event venue
- Portable toilet facilities with ample hand sanitiser provided
- Participants and guests are encouraged to take a lateral flow test before attending the event
Friday 29 October 2021: Pilgrims Hospice, Hythe Road, Willesborough, Ashford TN24 0NE
Contact details: email@example.com