Guided by Explore Kent’s very own Steve and Hannah, walk in the footsteps of the famous and discover Audrey Hepburn’s childhood home.
- 17 Jun 2017
Explore Kent’s Elham Walk
Guided by Explore Kent’s very own Steve & Hannah, walk in the footsteps of the famous and discover Audrey Hepburn’s childhood home.
Amble along peaceful footpaths nestled in between hedgerows, woodland and a patchwork of fields revealing quintessentially Kentish views of the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
MEET: Stephen Law in Elham’s Village Square, CT4 6TJ
GRID REF: GR177439
DISTANCE: 3.7 miles circular walk
DURATION: 2 hours
This exciting walk forms part of the Elham Valley Walking Festival.
Some important information to help you enjoy a safe and comfortable walking experience:
– wear clothing appropriate for changing weather and variable ground conditions
– make sure you bring plenty of water
– carry a hat and bring effective sunscreen
– let the walk leader set the pace and follow their advice
– make sure your leader knows if you have any relevant health issues
– children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
– unless otherwise stated dogs are welcome if on a lead and under close control
– leaders plan their walks with care but your comfort and safety are your own responsibility
Easy: normally shorter, mainly flat walks not so rough underfoot.
Moderate: some ascents and descents, possibly stiles and rough ground.
Strenuous: normally longer walks sometimes over rough ground with steep ascents and descents.
Walks are free unless stated. You may need to pay for parking, bus travel and optional visits to places of interest.
A voluntary contribution towards the cost of the festival would be appreciated.
Try to arrive for your walk at least 15 minutes before the stated time.