Join a 20 mile ride exploring East Kent’s Mining Heritage. The route is mainly on country lanes and some cycle paths. Riders with just about any sort of roadworthy bike, including folders and e-bikes, are welcome. There will be a cafe stop at Eythorne Station on the East Kent Railway, The Kent Colliery Line. The pace will be moderate and the route is undulating as it climbs into the lower slopes of the North Downs.
Joining A Ride – Important Notes When taking part in any organised ride, the important point is that you must be aware that you are responsible for yourself and you cannot assume that you are covered by any insurance, unless you have your own.
Thankfully, accidents are extremely rare but you must provide your details to the ride leader including your name, mobile number and contact details of a person to inform should it be necessary.
When participating in a ride, please be aware that:
• Deal Town Council, as well as members and officials of the Ride Organising Group and ride leaders are not responsible for your safety and welfare and that you join at your own risk and liability and assume full responsibility for your own safety in relation to other road users and riders.
• The sole responsibility for your personal safety remains with you, including your physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in the ride.
• The rides are held on open public roads and Deal Town Council and the Ride Organising Group cannot be held responsible for actions, accidents or incidents caused by other road users.
• You must notify a ride leader and remove yourself from participation if you sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if, during the ride, you feel unable or unfit to safely continue for any reason including being unable to maintain the ride’s advertised pace.
• You give a full release and waiver of liability and all claims that you have, or may have in the future, against Deal Town Council, any of the Ride Organising Groups and their officials from all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that you may suffer as a result of your participation in any part or parts of a ride or your presence, due to any cause whatsoever including any form of negligence.
• It is your responsibility to ensure you are physically and mentally fit to take part and if you suffer from any medical condition or illness that may affect your fitness or ability to take part in the ride it is your personal choice to take part and the organisers accept no liability for exacerbating your condition or any ill affects you may suffer during or after the ride.
• You must follow the rules of the Highway Code.
• Your bike is roadworthy, properly maintained and suitable for the type of ride and you carry the necessary tools, food & water
• Deal Town Council and the Ride Organising Group may use photographs of you for promotional purposes without notification in any medium
• You must tell a ride leader if you are unable to maintain the advertised pace.
• You will behave courteously to other riders, members of the public and other road users.