Affinity Water and the Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group, working together, are hosting a morning of discovery.
- Walk and view cover crop plots in action!
- Find out about the impact cover crops have on nitrogen losses from land over the Winter – examine real data collected on this site by the project.
- Learn about seed selection, crop agronomy and interpreting soil microbiology tests.
08:30 Arrive and Register at Etchinghill Golf Club, Lyminge, CT18 8FA – Breakfast is provided
- 2017 Cover Crop Nitrogen Leaching trial results – Tim Clarke & Paul Cobb, FWAG South East
- What can Cover Crops do for your Farm? – Paul Brown, Kings and Frontier Agriculture
- Soil Microbiology Testing – Why test? and what do the results mean? – Simon Parfrey, SoilBioLab
- Catchment Sensitive Farming & Stewardship – Neil Cleave, Kentish Stour Catchment Officer
- Local Water quality – latest findings – Shaun Dowman, Affinity Water
11.00 Travel to demonstration plots site
Farm Walk – View and discuss cover crop demonstration plots – with FWAG and colleagues
12.30 Meeting concludes
To book a place contact Paul Cobb on 07713 333160 or firstname.lastname@example.org or use EventBrite
This is a free event but please confirm attendance to ensure you are catered for.
Etchinghill Golf Club, Canterbury Road, Etchinghill, Lyminge, Folkestone, Kent, CT18 8FA
CPD: Basis 4 points (2 Crop Protection, 2 Environment) and NRoSO 1 point