Please note this event has been postponed from 18th December to protect the wellbeing of staff and visitors, and will now take place on 29th January.
Celebrate the mid-winter and wonderful wildlife of Blean Woods at the Winter Fayre, with Kent Wildlife Trust and the RSPB.
A selection of stalls, crafts, activities and games for all ages – and learn more about what Kent Wildlife Trust and RSPB are doing to protect nature across Blean Woods. Weave yourself a willow wreath at our coppice crafts stall, or embark on a mini-safari with our fantastic safari guides.
There’s something for everyone:
- Be a Beaver, dam building activity
- Woodland Crafts for adults and Children
- Winter Warming Fire Pit
- Warm up with a hot chocolate from the Bean Machine Van
Getting to the Event
- Walk or Cycle – You can walk or cycle to the blean from the surrounding area using the Crab and Winkle Way. There will be bicycle parking facilities available at the event.
- Shuttle bus – There will be a shuttle bus service from Sturry Park & Ride in Canterbury and West Blean & Thornden Woods. The shuttle bus will run every 45 minutes beginning at 10:30am. The last shuttle will leave Sturry at 3pm and the last shuttle bus will leave West Blean at 4:45pm. If you wish to park at the Sturry Road Park & Ride, you will need to pay the £4 daily charge which can be done on arrival.
- Car Parking – There is very limited parking provision at West Blean & Thornden Woods. However, if you need to park there are two, 2.5hr parking slots available. One at 11am to 1:30pm, and another at 1:30pm to 4pm. You MUST book a ticket for a parking space. If you have any accessibility needs and the parking tickets are sold out please let us know and we will accommodate you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to Know:
- Wear weather appropriate clothing, the woods are unpredictable and can always be wet, windy and muddy. So wrap up warm!
- There will be toilets (including accessible toilets) at the site, the car park and area the fair will be taking place are wheelchair accessible. However, the dam building activity and some of the mini safari are less accessible. If you would like to attend either of these activities and you have any access needs please let us know – email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you.