Covid-19 restrictions in England have been lifted, but coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You should continue to follow the latest government advice:
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer.
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Get tested and self-isolate if required.
- If you haven’t already, get vaccinated.
Explore local green spaces!
Access to the outdoors for exercise and socialisation is more important than ever for our wellbeing. We should all make an effort to stay active and maintain our connection to the outdoors. To do this we suggest:
- Using the Explore Kent activity map to find local parks and open spaces across Kent.
- Using the Public Rights of Way Map to find walking and cycling routes near to you for work or leisure.
- Go outside for exercise and maintain your usual exercise routine.
- Wash your hands when you get home from being outside and as often as possible additionally using hand sanitiser if available.
Consider exploring quieter parts of Kent’s countryside and avoiding popular locations at busy times.
The Countryside Code reminds us to: Respect, Protect and Enjoy.
Continue to look out for each other and stay safe,
The Explore Kent Team