Connaught Park was first opened in 1883 as a Victorian pleasure garden. It is a 30 acre park set on the hillside below Dover Castle with terraced lawns, mature trees, and colourful flowerbeds. It provides facilities for recreational and sporting activities, including grass and hard tennis courts and a play area for children. The lower part of the park is set out in a more traditional style with an ornamental lake and lawns and is the perfect place for a picnic. The commemorative tree planted during the opening ceremony in 1883, and many of the Victorian features can still be seen today.
Easy access information
This park and open space has well surfaced routes suitable for visitors with pushchairs and/or wheelchairs, and has no width restricting features, such as stiles or non RADAR kissing gates.